There’s nothing quite like the joy of biting into a freshly baked, delicious cookie. The crispy exterior and soft, chewy interior make for a perfect combination of texture and flavor. Whether you’re enjoying them as an afternoon treat with a cup of tea or as a sweet dessert after dinner, cookies are a wonderful way to satisfy your sweet tooth. So take a bite, savor the moment, and enjoy every delicious morsel! Here is a step by step guidelines for making cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Fine salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- The oven should be set up with two trays in the middle and heated to 375 degrees F. Two baking pans should be parchment-lined.
- In a big dish, stir together the flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
3.When using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or a big bowl when using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed for about 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. One at a time, add the eggs, mixing well after each addition. the vanilla afterward. As necessary, scrape the bowl’s edge clean. Add the flour combination and beat it in at medium speed until it’s barely combined. Add the chocolate chunks and mix.
4.Scoop 12 large tablespoons of dough onto each prepped baking sheet, spacing them apart by about 2 inches. With mildly damp hands, form the dough into balls. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, turning the cookie sheets from the upper to lower racks halfway through baking, or until golden but still soft in the middle (the longer the cooking time, the crunchier the cookies). Allow cooling on the baking pan for a short while before transferring it to a rack to finish cooling.
- Scoop the remaining dough onto one baking sheet, let the baking sheets cool fully, and then bake. The cookies can be kept at room temperature for up to 5 days in a container that is securely shut.